Here is a look at 9 benefits of chiropractic care after an auto collision:
- Treat Invisible Injuries: After you have been in a car accident, it can take many hours for symptoms of whiplash, such as a headache, nausea, soreness, dizziness, or pain in the neck and upper back to show. When it comes to whiplash, it is important to get treatment as early as possible and not wait an extended amount of time to see a doctor. You should see a chiropractor immediately after a car accident at Chambers Medical Group to avoid long-term pain.
- Reduce Inflammation: When you are injured in a car accident, common injuries such as micro-tears in the ligaments and muscles occur, and the problem is that they will not be diagnosed by an x-ray. These muscle tears are part of the reason that people who have been in an auto accident wake up feeling sore even though their x-rays look normal. When you visit a chiropractor, spinal manipulations will be used to realign the spinal column, which may help your body release an anti-inflammatory substance that lowers pain and inflammation in your body.
- Receive Non-Invasive Treatment: A chiropractor will perform non-invasive adjustments to help in realigning your spine to significantly reduce pain and promote healing.
- Reduce Scar Tissue: After a car accident injury, there can be scar tissue in your muscles. This will result in stiffness and discomfort. When you visit a chiropractor, they will use specific techniques to target the damaged areas so that the scar tissue can be broken up faster instead of letting it heal on its own. With reduced scar tissue, you will feel better and heal at a faster rate.
- No Drugs: As you know, medications prescribed to relieve pain can be highly addictive. Many people think that they will take the painkiller for a short period until they feel better, not realizing that they can become dependent or addicted to the medication. With chiropractic care, you can get effective pain relief without addictive drugs or medications. A chiropractor will also provide treatment that addresses the root cause of the injury, ensuring that the actual injury is healed, and the pain is not just masked by the effects of the medication.
- Restore Range of Motion: If you suffer a neck or back injury in an auto accident, the inflammation that develops can lead to even more problems. Because inflammation slows down the healing process, your blood and nutrients will be unable to reach the areas they need to go to. When a chiropractor provides an adjustment, it will help in mobilizing your spine and restoring your body’s proper range of motion. It will also help your body begin the healing process at a faster rate.
- Reduce Pain in the Entire Body: When you go for chiropractic care after a car accident, the spinal adjustments you receive not only target pain in the affected areas but relieve pain in your entire body. Spinal manipulations release a hormone that helps reduce pain. These hormones will reduce the pain in the injured tissues after a car accident and furthermore will go to other parts of the body to make you feel better all over!
- Provide Long-Term Benefits: When you go to a chiropractor for car accident injury care, you may be able to prevent minor injuries from becoming serious long-term issues – these long-term problems may develop if you do not seek treatment for even minor injuries. When you see a chiropractor immediately after being involved in an auto accident, you gain long-term benefits and it may keep chronic and painful conditions from developing.
Help with Claims: If you were injured in an automobile accident that was caused by the negligence or recklessness of another person, you may consider taking legal action against them. When you see a chiropractor after a car accident, he or she will record all of your injuries and write a report that may be submitted to your attorney or auto insurance carrier to document the extent of these injuries.